Director Finance (f/m)
Veröffentlicht am : 16. Juni 2017
Beschäftigungsart : Personalvermittlung
Referenznummer : 9319072
Geschäftsbereich : Finanz- & Rechnungswesen
Our client WWF is presently looking to hire a Finance Director (f/m) to join their team at Vienna.
Mission of the Department: To ensure the effective management and control of finances through timely and accurate financial planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting; to ensure compliance with Swiss legal requirements as a result of head office location. To provide guidance and support to the Network Executive Team (NET), the Network and Practice Leaders on finance related matters. Co-leads and steers the Finance Community of Practice, and provides best practice guidance and specialist financial support to Network finance practitioners.
- Ensures the effective management and control of finances through robust reporting, budgeting and planning processes;
- Ensures that the annual consolidated statutory accounts are completed on time and to a high standard;
- Ensures the accurate reporting of financial information and enables its use in management decision making;
- Ensures good internal controls are in place in the Secretariat, and its POs, identifies areas of financial risk and takes action to mitigate, and ensures the health of WWF International reserves;
- Takes a strategic view to financial risk management across all of WWF International's operations, and ensures effective risk management strategies are in place;
- With authority from the NET, intervenes in financial issues in the Network;
- Participates in the recruitment and management of finance professionals in WWFI offices;
- Is the point of contact and co-coordinator for the Finance Community; develops, nurtures and animates the Network Finance Community;
- Advises the Director-General and Executive Director, Operations on all aspects of shrewd financial management of WWF International;
- Undertakes an oversight role, putting in place financial risk management strategies, and supporting management decision-making though informative financial reporting and timely advice;
- Ensures strong governance, control, oversight and stewardship are in place to enable financial risk management and mitigation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the management of WWF International's financial systems, including accounting and financial controls;
- Oversees the preparation of WWF International's annual budget and other financial plans;
- Leads the financial accounting and reporting activities for the Functions, Practices and Programme Office ("POs"), and sets the policies and procedures for the finance-related operational processes to ensure an adequate financial control environment;
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, nurturing and animating the Network Finance Community;
- With the input of the finance community, responsible for establishing or modifying Network Standards where necessary for the approval of NET, and assisting the Executive Director of Operations in reporting to NET on the achievement of the objectives for the community;
- Presents periodic reviews of the financial status of WWF International to the Senior Management Team along with strategic advice on wise financial management;
- Responsible for producing the consolidated accounts for WWF International and its POs for statutory reporting purposes, and runs the budgeting, forecasting and financial monitoring processes;
- Responsible for providing the systems and systems support to the POs to facilitate financial accounting, reporting, control and consolidation;
- Prepares and presents the financial overviews of WWF International to the International Board;
- Prepares and presents financial overviews of Network Services to NET;
- Acts as Secretary of the Investment Committee of the International Board and oversees the implementation of their recommendations;
- Maintains liaison with appropriate representatives of WWF National Organizations to coordinate the effective use of funds, particularly in relation to WWF programme activities, by WWF world-wide;
- Manages the relationship and operations with internal and external auditors;
- Manages relationship with the WWF International Treasurer, and participates in Board Audit Committee;
- Ensures the provision of adequate administrative oversight and physical infrastructure for WWF International;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Executive Director, Operations.
- A professional accounting qualification and/or university degree in finance or business administration;
- At least 15 years of experience in a senior financial management role in an international environment.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong political, inter-personal, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Proven leadership and management abilities;
- High credibility and excellent presentation skills;
- Superior ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals across a range of cultural environments;
- Good organizational and planning skills are essential;
- Ability to motivate, delegate to and manage staff for maximum efficiency;
- Ability to work under time-pressure;
- Fluency in English is essential. Other languages would be an advantage;
- Adheres to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
This positon offers a minimum annual gross salary of 94,000 Euro.